4.3.17

TWENTY MINUTES TO DECADENCE!    

So, I'm a kitchen gadget junkie.  But, I do think I choose quality appliances and accoutrements. Secretly, (not so much now) I have a list of fun cooking tools to add to my kitchen. Yes, I'm that person who has egg separaters, biscuit cutters in 10 sizes, and citrus squeezers the perfect size for a lemon or a lime, whicheveer my new dish calls for.  

Last year, I discovered the Yonana's Healthy Frozen Dessert Maker.  The best part, was I found it locally for about 1/2 the online price.    I'm always looking for the perfect balance between satisfying my appreciation for taste and choosing the best for my health nutritionally.  So.... enter.. an new decadent treat.    

                                        TWENTY MINUTES TO DECADENCE! 

2 peeled and frozen bananas - (I like to freeze these in halves, in ziplock bags.)
Frozen Dark Sweet Cherries  (about 1 cup)      
2 Dark Chocolate bars (miniature size)
Chocolate Dessert Cups 

On a plate, set out bananas, and cherries to begin to thaw (about 10 minutes.) Unwrap the chocolate bars.  After 10 minutes alternate portions of the banana, cherries, and chocolate into the feed tube of the Yonanas machine while it is turned on. Use the food plunger tool to push down and watch the machine begin to produce a soft creamy frozen treat.  Stir to ensure the ingredients are well blended, and then spoon portions into the chocolate dessert cups.  Sometimes, I top it off with a small piece of chocolate or a berry. 
  

This treat tops off a great meal in 2-3 bites, is not heavy, but incredibly refreshing!

Enjoy,

Callie

No comments: