12.6.08

Don't Kiss Me I'm Busy!


One of my fondest memories as a child is of my mother in her apron that read "Don't Kiss me I'm busy" If I were lucky she'd let me wear it while helping her in the kitchen! It almost seemed an invitation to Dad as I remember him coming in wrapping both arms around her thin waist. I loved to squeeze myself between my parents as they would hug and kiss and command "Break it up! Break it up!, only to be caught up in their embrace creating a group hug. Now, I'm the Mom in the kitchen and I too, love kitchen kisses. I think my husband finds something attractive about domesticity. Hmmm...think I'll go start dinner.

1 comment:

Carla said...

Hi Callie!
I'm so glad that you posted your blog address on the family web site. I was just reading your posts. They are all so cute. I love being able to have a peek into that mind of yours. You are a mom that I admire. I am certainly taking notes as I read your blog. I hope my kids can turn out as wonderfully as your have!